Learn to connect a tee adapter to a propane tank
You can hook up two gas-powered appliances with a tee adapter connected to a propane tank. There are many reasons why you may need this, like for a campsite where you need a cook stove or a grill or for producing heat. If you know how to connect a standard propane hose to the propane tank then you know how to connect the tee adapter.
- Rotate the knob on top of the propane tank to its maximum reach clockwise.
- If you already have something attached to the tank, remove the hose coupler.
3. Connect the tee adapter on its squat end to the valve on the side of the propane tank. Tighten the tee adapter by rotating it clockwise.
4. On each nozzle of the tee adapter attach a gas hose with regulator while attaching the other end to the gas appliance. Don’t buy new hose and regulator use the ones in the appliances set.
5. Use a mixture of soap and water to check the connections at the tee adapter and the two appliances connected to it after removing the knob that sits on top of the tank. If you see bubbles coming out or if you smell propane close the knob immediately. Then repeat the attaching of the tee adapter until they pass the soap test.