How to repair a leaking skylight
Skylights are windows installed on the roof to allow more of the sun light to enter inside a room. Its structure may at some point get damaged and this will allow water to drip inside the house through leaks. The procedure of repairing the leaks can be very simple.
1. The first step is to get to the flashing of the skylight. For this you need to take away the roof shingles that surround the skylight.
2. Now you have to identify the leak. You can do this by pouring water over the skylight and someone inside the house tells you where the water drips from.
3. Now that you have identified the leak, you have to wait until the surface is completely dry before doing anything to repair it.
4. Now that the surface is dry and clean you can seal it with roofing caulk as well as the area around the leak.
5. Once the caulk has dried you can perform another leaking test. Pour water on the former leak spot and see what happens.
6. If the caulk did its job you can place back the shingles on the roof.
|fix leaking skylight, how to repair a leaking skylight, leaking skylight, repair leaking skylight, roof leak repair, roof leaks, skylight leaking, skylight leaks, skylight maintenance, skylight repair, skylights|