Learning to clean fabric blinds
Even though fabric blinds are so good looking inside a house, the fabric isn’t resistant enough to handle dust, smoke and dirt. There are many reasons why you should clean the blinds regularly and one of them is avoiding respiratory issues. But there are some steps to be followed when cleaning fabric window blinds.
1. Before cleaning the actual blinds you need to lower them completely. You need to have access to the entire surface of the blind.
2. Use a vacuum cleaner to clear the dust and dirt from the surface of the blinds, but make sure that the attachment on the vacuum cleaner is clean and if it is not, clean it before touching it to the fabric.
3. After the vacuum cleaning you need to wipe the surface for more difficult dirt. For this you can use a special sponge for fabric blinds, which is usually a soft dry sponge.
4. You can use a sponge soaked in mild liquid detergent to clean stains that didn’t come off yet. Harder stains will need to be soaked for 15 minutes in detergent and then try to wipe them with the sponge.
5. Don’t leave any detergent on the fabric when you are done cleaning. Run a dry sponge again where you applied detergent. The last solution for stains is the stain remover, but you need to make sure that the fabric can handle it.
6. In the end rinse the fabric with some clean water and a sponge.
7. To keep the blinds clean all the time, vacuum them regularly.
|clean blind slats, clean blinds, clean fabric blinds, cleaning cloth, dusting window blinds, how to clean window blinds, vacuum brush, vinegar blind cleaning, wash window blinds, window blinds, window blinds cleaning|