Even though they look and smell like gingerbread, these are not to be eaten. After they are baked they become very hard and are used as decorations for Christmas after they are painted.
2. Mix together shortening and sugar stirring in molasses.
3. In another bowl create a mixture of baking soda, ground cloves, ginger, cinnamon and flour. After that alternately add some of this mixture and water into the shortening and sugar mixture and stir until the mix is thorough. Place the mixture in the fridge for 6 to 8 hours.
4. Make three piles of dough and then roll each one of them into slice of ¼ thicknesses.
5. Now to make the shapes out of the dough use cookie cutters in the shape of gingerbread people and houses.
6. Make a round hole on top of each shape using a drinking straw or something round.
7. Now that the shapes are done, take the cookies and place them in the oven for 20 minutes. After that, leave them in the oven to cool off. When this is done the cookies should be hardened.
8. The cookies have to be really hard so what you need to do is put them on racks and leave them for 2 or 3 days in a cool dry place.
9. Make a clear acrylic or varnish coat on the cookies and let them dry.
10. Now make whatever painting you want on the cookie surface using acrylic paint.
11. Hang the cookies on a narrow ribbon or cording using the hole you made on top of them. Put the ribbon wherever you want the cookies to stay.
|christmas decoration, christmas ornaments, cookie shapes, gingerbread boy, gingerbread candy, gingerbread cookies, gingerbread ornaments, gingerbread shape, gingerbread snowmen, make gingerbread|